The COVID-19 pandemic has left us feeling uncertain and isolated as we practice social distancing; wary of interacting with others outside of our homes and social circles.
When it comes to healthcare, many people are asking themselves is it safe to visit a hospital or local urgent care clinic when they or a loved one needs immediate medical attention.
At Prime Urgent Care, we are committed to serving our community with healthcare options, and now, with relevant and useful information for you and your family based on frequently asked questions:
What Is Prime Urgent Care Center Doing To Keep You Safe?
Our centers are safe, well-equipped, and fully operational to address all your emergency healthcare needs. We are also taking the following preventive steps to ensure you and your family’s safety and well-being.
- We are following enhanced and effective cleaning protocols
- We are performing frequent floor, surface and equipment sanitization
- We are offer Telemedicine, so you can visit with our health care providers virtually when you have a cough, cold, and/or flu-like symptoms
- We are a walk-in clinic, although we offer online check-in to reduce your wait times in our clinic.
- To support social distancing, we have made changes to our waiting areas, to keep our patients, staff, and doctors safe, such as limiting the number of patients in our waiting rooms at a given time.
- We created a separate waiting room for patients experiencing respiratory symptoms
When should I visit An Urgent Care Clinic?
If you have a medical condition related or unrelated to COVID-19 which is considered an emergency, please visit the emergency room immediately.
Non-emergency medical conditions we treat at our urgent care clinic include:
- Abrasion or wounds with severe bleeding
- Sprains, strains, or fractures
- Household burns
- Minor motor vehicle accidents
- Cold & flu, nausea, and vomiting
- Ear and Sinus Infections
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Asthma-related conditions, bronchitis, and pneumonia
How To Avoid Long Waits Times At Our Walk-In Clinic?
Due to social distancing and screening measures, it may take more time to be seen by our health care practitioners. To avoid extended wait times in our walk-in clinic, we offer several options:
1. Set up a telemedicine/teledoc appointment to discuss your symptoms with a healthcare practitioner so they can determine the best course of care. During this COVID-19 pandemic, telehealth video appointment is a welcome substitute for those who are not feeling well or suffering from non-emergency conditions. This option is safe and convenient.
2. Check-in online for an in-person visit to our Urgent Care clinics in Pearland, Missouri City and Sugar Land, TX at: https://primeuc.com/locations/. This option saves you from extended wait times and allows you to “wait in line” in the comfort of your own home.
Is A Telemedicine/Teledoc/Telehealth Video Consultation Easy To Set Up?
Yes – all you need to do is visit our telemedicine website (https://telemed.primeuc.com/) on a mobile device or desktop computer, answer a few questions and you are placed in a queue. There are no complicated downloads to deal with and is the perfect option when you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Sinus congestion/infection
A few additional details on our telemedicine service:
- Available for patients 10 years or older. For younger patients, please sign in online and come visit our walk-in clinic in-person.
Service available to new and existing patients
- We accept insurance for telemedicine visits with your standard co-pay or deductible applied to the visit.
- We accept self-pay at a $75 rate per visit
- If you have any questions, call us at 713-340-3111
What Steps Should I Take Before My Walk-In Clinic Visit?
- Please make sure you are wearing a mask all the time, and sanitize your hands when you arrive and after you leave our clinic.
- If you are sick with flu-like symptoms (fever, dry cough, and respiratory symptoms), then call ahead and tell the team. They may provide special instructions for your visit.
- Check in online to support social distancing in our waiting rooms.
At Prime Urgent Care centers in Pearland, Missouri City and Sugar Land, TX, we are working day and night to reduce the risk of exposure for our doctors, employees and patients by taking specific and extensive precautions, and look forward to serving you and your family’s healthcare needs. Please contact our office with any questions and concerns or to learn more about online check-in process and/or virtual telemedicine visits.