Worldwide, approximately 250 million people have been infected by the COVID-19 virus since the pandemic began almost two years ago. The highly contagious Delta variant has continued to spread the virus and claim many more lives. Although this pandemic is not over yet and continues to impact our lives, science and medicine have helped to unlock some of its mysteries and provided vaccinations against COVID-19 to provide communities the opportunity to open up and emerge from lockdown with several precautions still in place. These precautions include wearing a mask at appropriate times (especially when you are indoors around people or in public places with lots of people), keeping a safe distance when interacting with anyone, and getting yourself tested for COVID-19 when appropriate or needed to travel or get access to an event.
If you are exhibiting flu-like symptoms or suspect a possible infection, getting a COVID-19 test is important (and often mandatory in some situations).
You will also want to get tested for COVID-19, even if you are asymptomatic, under the following circumstances:
- If you have interacted with anyone (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) who has gone on to test positive for the COVID-19 virus
- If you have recently travelled abroad (either domestically or internationally)
- If you have attended any large gathering of people
- If you need a COVID-19 negative test report for travel or for attending an event
For people who live in the Greater Houston area of Pearland, Missouri City and Sugar Land, TX Prime Urgent Care is a leading urgent care clinic group that is also a COVID-19 Testing Center. For information on our COVID-19 Testing capabilities, visit our COVID-19 TESTING page.
COVID-19 Tests Offered at Prime Urgent Care
Prime Urgent Care is comprehensive COVID-19 Testing Facility that offers the following types of COVID tests based on your requirement and/or recommendation from your healthcare provider which they will discuss with you during your visit:
RAPID PCR TEST
We are pleased to announce that we are now offering RAPID PCR Tests with results available the same day. This Rapid PCR COVID-19 test is considered one of the most accurate tests on the market, with samples being collected through a nasal swab or a saliva sample.
Prime Urgent Care has the state-of-the-art testing equipment in-house to cut down on the time needed to report on results. We also offer multiple Covid testing options and our staff will guide you on the best option and if it’s covered under insurance.
If you are travelling and or need access to a particular event or location and need proof of a negative COVID-19 test result, this Rapid PCR test is your best option. Results available same day and will be sent to you (and available to view on your phone) if your test was conducted at a Prime Urgent Care clinic. The self-pay rate for this test is $165.
RAPID ANTIGEN TEST
At Prime Urgent Care, we also offer a Rapid Antigen Test
Approved by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), this test detects the presence of the viral proteins or antigens to confirm if a person has or has had the COVID-19 virus. With its in-house, state-of-the-art testing equipment, same day test results are available if the test was conducted at a Prime Urgent Care clinic. The self-pay rate for this test is $135.
If you are experiencing symptoms or suspect being asymptomatic and want to be tested immediately, schedule an appointment online now at www.primeuc.com.
As a comprehensive COVID-19 Testing Center, we know the test that will work best for your condition or situation, and our medical staff will be there to make recommendations and guide you every step of the way.
What to do if you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms?
If you are experiencing cold and flu-like symptoms or symptoms that may indicate a likely COVID-19 infection, we recommend getting tested and, if needed, seeking medical treatment. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact your medical urgent care provider at Prime Urgent Care:
- Common symptoms such as dry cough, fatigue, and fever
- Progressive symptoms such as loss of taste, smell, speech or movement, shortness of breath, disorientation, pain in the chest, persistently high temperature
- Severe symptoms such as nausea, joint pains, headaches, redness in the eyes, and diarrhea
- Additionally, those over the age of 60 and/or with pre-existing medical conditions (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, heart ailments, cancer, and lung disorders) automatically fall under a high-risk bracket. For these people, seeking immediate medical care is even more important.
Not everyone needs to get tested for COVID-19, so consult with your medical provider on when testing is right for you. Call 713.340.3111 or visit www.primeuc.com to schedule an appointment or get more information.
The COVID-19 testing centers operated by Prime Urgent Care have the following benefits:
- Multiple Testing Options
- On-Site Testing for Faster Results
- Same Day / Next Day Results Available
- Approved Document for Travel Provided
- Affordable Self-Pay Rates
Prime Urgent Care is a leading provider of urgent care services through its three Houston-area clinics open 7 days of the week:
For more information on the locations of our COVID testing centers/clinics open near you, visit https://primeuc.com/locations/.