At Prime Urgent Care, our team of licensed Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants are here to take care of your little one.
Need pediatric care now? Just visit Prime!
Pediatric Urgent Care – Conditions We Treat:
Prime Urgent Care accepts most major health insurance plans. For patients without insurance or who prefer to pay for medical care out of pocket, we offer some of the lowest cash pay rates for all services & testing we provide in the greater Houston area.
|Pediatric Urgent Care Services||Cash Price (No Insurance)|
|Provider Visit Examination||$100|
|Provider Visit Examination & X-Ray||$175|
• Specific costs for testing and treatment vary based on the condition.
• Most insurance plans accepted (call to verify coverage or contact your insurance provider)
• Low out-of-pocket/self-Pay rates (call for service and testing rates)
Why Prime Urgent Care for Pediatric Urgent Care?
How is pediatric urgent care different from primary care & emergency rooms?
Pediatric Urgent Care
Prime Urgent Care treats non-life-threatening, non-chronic medical conditions for children 3 months and older. We are open 7 days a week and provide on-demand medical care and diagnostic testing. We accept most major health insurance plans and offer some of the lowest self-pay rates in the greater Houston area.
Medical care at a primary care provider usually requires an appointment – immediate, on-demand, medical care if often unavailable. Primary care offers long-term Doctor-Patient relationships designed to offer preventative care, promote general health, and treat chronic health conditions (or refer to a specialist).
ER’s are designed to treat life-threatening medical emergencies 24 hours a day with specialized providers and equipment on-site and ready. Patients are treated in order of severity, so wait times for non-emergency cases can often be very long compared to an urgent care. The cost of specialized care at an ER is often 10x more than at an urgent care.
A trip to a pediatric walk-in clinic is a great, affordable option when you need care now but a trip to an ER isn’t necessary. Prime Urgent Care is your go-to medical center for quick, affordable, and convenient healthcare in the Houston, TX area. Our centers in Pearland, Missouri City, and Sugar Land are open 7 days a week – weekdays from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Monday to Friday), and weekends from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Prime Urgent Care accepts the most major insurance plans (including Medicare/Medicaid) while offering some of the lowest self-pay rates in Houston. We also offer Online Check-In and Telemedicine services.
- When should I take my child to a pediatric urgent care for a fever? Prime Urgent Care routinely cares for children 3 months and up for fever and other illnesses. If your child is under 3 months we recommend contacting your pediatrician for an appointment or proceeding to nearest emergency room (ER) immediately.
- Who will be taking care of my child at your clinic?At Prime Urgent Care, our team consisting of licensed Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants are here to take care of your little one.
- Will my insurance cover pediatric urgent care visits? Insurance coverage for pediatric urgent care visits varies based on the provider and the plan. Call us at (713) 340-3111 to verify your coverage and determine any out-of-pockets expenses for your visit. If you don’t have a health insurance plan, or your deductibles on your current plan are high, Prime Urgent Care offers competitive self-pay rates on all services and diagnostic testing we offer. Our rates are some of the lowest in the greater Houston area.
- What if my child needs follow-up care after a visit?If your child requires follow-up care, your provider will provide instructions on how to proceed. This might involve scheduling a follow-up appointment with your primary care pediatrician or a specialist depending on the nature of the condition.